At 20:33 6/26/98 +0200, Zoki wrote:
>Another thing I don't understand is why the
>results of commands started with crontab are mailed to me instead of
>executed and shown on the screen?

Because if you schedule some thing to occur later, you may not besitting
there to see the messages. You may not even be logged in. Your monitor may
not be on at the scheduled time. Cron could have been desiged to write a
log for you to review later or it could have been designed to email the
results of the command. I don't think email was a bad design choice.

 Tony