On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Zoki wrote:

->On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
->
->->Change you script to this:
->->
->->#!/bin/sh
->
-><snip>
->
->->The problem with the one you have is that the first line
->->says to use /bash/sh to run the file.  But you realy want
->->to use /bin/sh, or /bin/bash to run it.  That is why cron
->->cann't run it.  When you type sh get-mail, you override the
->->first line.
->
->
*** Mikkel,

I changed the /bas/sh thing and now I can run the script without the 'sh',
but cron still doesn't work!

Obviously, nobody is using the ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer and ppp-off scripts
so maybe I should reformulate the question: What do I do to make cron
send and check my mail automatically and close the connection knowing that
I am in France and therefore not hooked to the Net constantly but making a
connection through a modem.

Thanks.
Zoki.

If it says "requires Windows 95 or better", install Linux.

Mailed with Linux & Pine.

%% Fin de message / End of message %%