I am attempting to install Linux 5.0 to a secondary hd that
is a 1.6 gig with a hidden extended partition on the end.
My primary drive is a 3.2 with os/2 boot manager (disabled)
one primary dos partition and one extended. I use system
commander for the boot. HD layout below

1 boot manager (disabled)
c: primary
extended partition
d: fat partition in the extended partition       }
e: os/2 (hpfs) in the extended partition        }
f: os/2 apps (hpfs) in the extended partition } all one extended partition
g: swap (hpfs)                                          }   on the primary
3.2gig  e: fat (shared utils)                                   }
 drive

secondary drive is 1.6

1.2 gig free
370 meg hidden extended at the end

I am using disk druid and when I try to create the / on the 3.2  disk
druid forces it back to the free space in the extended  area of the 3.2
which would be after the e:
I want it to go in the free area of the 1.6
I let it have its way and go on to create the swap and
and then the /usr and /var /home all on the 1.6 but I get a msg that says
it can't create another primary???
would removing the os/2 boot manager help here? Or should I make the
entire 1.6 a extended partition??

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ICQ# 11035810 <John Martinez>
http://table.jps.net/~jsmartnz  OS Warped! OS/2 Warp 4