On 22-May-98 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am attempting to install Linux 5.0 to a secondary hd that
> is a 1.6 gig with a hidden extended partition on the end.

What do you mean hidden?

> I am using disk druid and when I try to create the / on the 3.2  disk
> druid forces it back to the free space in the extended  area of the 3.2
> which would be after the e:

You can only have one root partition.  Apparently there is already a "/"
defined, so you must choose another location to mount this partition.

You also mentioned in your message that you wanted to install linux on a
secondary disk, which was 1.6G, yet here you mention you are trying to install
on a 3.2G disk.  Please re-read your message, and make sure it is clear and
concise enough for people to easily understand, which will maximize the amount
of information someone can provide the first time.

> I want it to go in the free area of the 1.6

YOu want what to go to the free area!?

> I let it have its way and go on to create the swap and
> and then the /usr and /var /home all on the 1.6 but I get a msg that says
> it can't create another primary???

You should be able to create another primary if there is space available.

> would removing the os/2 boot manager help here? Or should I make the
> entire 1.6 a extended partition??

I don't think it has anything to do with the boot manager, but you might want to
try using the normal fdisk program to create the partitions, as you have more
control than with using the druid.

Dave