Deryk: I have an ASUS TX97-E Revision 1.12, using the clock chip ICS9147-09
and Bios Rev 4010a-0107e.  the web page
http://www.asus.com/support/mb/answers/chipset/75or83.asp
contains all the info straight from the horses' mouth about running at 83 mhz.
I have an Intel Pentium, SL27S series 233.  with the jumpers set at 4.5
multiplier,
I install RedHat with about 702 Mb of applications in less than 20 minutes from
the NEC 6x CDROM (number one of the quad set).  The onboard thermometers
report a CPU temp of between 131 and 134, depending on the room temperature, with
the circuit board being about 128 to 132 degrees fahrenheit.   Regular temps were
about
4 degrees lower when set up as a 233 (66x3.5)  I am using a large stock heatsink,
ball bearing fan, and thermal compound (white silicon).  A list of ;motherboards
which support 83 mhz is at http://www.sysopt.com/mb83mhz.html.  Setup of the
ASUS TX 97 board(s) is at http://www.sysopt.com/mreview/asustx97.html
which is 8 printed pages long.  The ASUS booklet warns that the Intel chip set
does
NOT support 75 or 83 mhz.  Have not had any lockups due to overclock in three
months, but dual boot Win95, and that has locked up about 8 times the past month.
This system is exercised with different operating systems fairly vigoriously,
(changed, loaded, and unloaded) various Linux and windows revisions about three
times a week.