On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:11:46AM -0500, Robert Dege wrote:
:
: It had a problem with sym links upon release.  2.4.12 was released about 5
: hours later.  2.4.15 should also be untouched, as it corrupts a filesystem
: upon an umount (yes this includes shutdowns)

Actually, so long as you apply Al Viro's patch, you'll be fine with
2.4.15.  My workstation is running 2.4.15 quite happily right now.

See the linux-kernel list for more info on the patch, which will be rolled
up into the 2.4.16 kernel.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.