>> I have a 15in something-or-other.  I am not sure what brand it is.  On
>> the back it says "LITE-ON TECHNOLOGY CORP." and "50-60Hz" and "Model
>> No:CM-1565MCLR".

>Isn't by any chance the 50-60Hz refering to the AC power supply
>frequency?

I don't know... it might be.  It's located beneath the description of
the voltage and ampere, so that's a good possibility.  I don't know much
about this monitor at all.  I was hoping someone on the list would have
some advice for how XWindows should be setup when the refresh rate,
etcetera, is unknown.

Note: I'm using MetroX, not XFree.
Reason: Easier to setup.  Could not get XFree to work.  XFree wanted to
know a lot more information than MetroX did, such as horizontal refresh
rate, sync, etc...

Regards,
David Taylor.