Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:31:27 -0500, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

Yeah, the server itself is running a firewall. (just to make this even
harder). So telnet is blocked. Even if it were installed, it's
blocked.

I'm really down to looking for a set of guesses on why sshd is failing
to start.

An Idea: FTP is enabled. So I can ftp into the box, but only as a

It could be damaged shared objects. Can you get anyone to run
the following and make available the file via FTP?

  # su -l root
  # rpm -qa | xargs -n 1 -t rpm -V &> rpm-Va.txt
I doubt that it's that detailed. I suspect it's just a full filesystem. I'm going to have my remote fingers e-Mail me a copy of the /var/logs/messages. That should shed some light on this.

I'll know more later on.

Ric