On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Yaron M. Minsky wrote:

>     > I suppose that the real heart of the controversy from our point
>     > of view is accountability. To the Linux community, it's okay if
>     > the user has to resort to uncertain means of support such as the
>     > 'Net, users' groups, and e-mail for whatever assistance is
>     > needed to get the OS running or back up after a crash.  In an
>     > industrial situation, downtime is simply not acceptable, and
>     > support for the components that we incorporate into our systems,
>     > software or hardware, must be immediate and absolute.  Linux
>     > cannot provide this.
>
> I mentioned Caldera support earlier.  Is there some reason you haven't
> considered purchasing support from them?

        No to mention RH does, too.  For what little it's worth, anyone
who actually is using Linux in a commercial production environment (and
there's lots of us out there) knows that the idea that Linux cannot
provide support in an industrial situation is ridicules.  Linux downtime
is usually measured in minutes while most commercial OS's downtime is
measured in hours or sometimes, in the case of NT, days.

---
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup."