I use Cygwin/XFree86 and ssh  on a Windows XP box to access a RedHat 8.0 machine remotely.  I am able to log in and start KDesktop, but I can't get access to the menu (bottom of the screen with the popup that lets me start applications).  I think the problem has to do with the title bars on both the X server window and the KDesktop window within that window - basically I'm loosing something like 42+ pixels and can't get to the menu using the mouse.

I've tried various settings for the KDesktop -geometry option but I'm shooting in the dark since I can't find the syntax for <geometry> specified anywhere.  Can anyone be of assistance?