From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Edward Dekkers
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 8:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux Newbie - what's the point of newsgroups?

> Ok, I see this shit all the time, go search Google go do this go do
> that....

That's because it's a valid way of finding an anwer.

> What the hell is the point of mailing lists if the people that know how
> to fix the problems are too lazy to help those in need?

Don't be too harsh. I don't know what you do during the day, but while
around 200 mails come in from RedHat per day, I'm actually at work. Excuse
me if I can't answer (or even look at) all 200.

> Why should one
> even come to the mailing list in the future when one is told to
> basically "get the fuck out"?

BBzzztt. I've checked the previous month's messages, and nobody's been told
to do that (yet - don't get me riled up).

> I also subscribe to Microsoft and
> macromedia newsgroups, and there are people who repeatedly as the same
> question because they don't search Google or some other shit resource,

If you think Google is that bad, trust me, you're not using it correctly. It
is by far the single most important and valid resource I use here at work.
I'd seriously have trouble living without it.

> yet the moderators and other people are friendly enough to always answer
> their questions if they ask.

You don't think telling people to look up Google or the Archives, where the
problem is nearly 100% likely to be spelled out in black and white is
classified as an answer? So you wait for the bus at a bus stop. You need to
know when the 805 arrives to take you to destination X. You ask the person
next to you, also waiting for a bus. He doesn't know, but hands you a bus
route table. You think this guy is a prick because he didn't give you the
answer directly? Look at this in perspective please Vic. The more I think
about your post the more it seems like flame bait. (And admittedly I'm
biting :( ). We're volunteers, we don't OWE anybody anything. We SHARE
information. If this information is at a different place, so be it.

> This is the way it's supposed to be. If you
> don't want to answer the question shut the fuck up get out, don't tell
> other people to get lost. Makes me sick.

You sound sick. Maybe you should get yourself checked out.

So - what was your Redhat Linux question?

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L