Im really sorry about the inconveniences I could cause, Im at work with windows and
using a new emailer I found somewhere called Foxmail (don't want to use outlook)  I
had some trouble with the template it was using for the reply messages so probably
that was the cause, I changed it and I checked that the option Wordwrap was on (I did
not know about this sorry about the ignorance :-)

I hope now that you have the idea of the problem it wont be so difficult for you to
follow the emails.

I will try the suggestions you gave, thank you very much. I will try to make clearer
however what is exaclty occurrin
g:
        In gnome, when I double click in the icon "packages" (that I can access in the
main menu or in the "start here" icon automatically set on the desktop) I got the
following:  It starts normally as always, if Im not logged as root, it will ask me the
superuser password, and after this it starts to check the installed packages and so
on. After this it just stops and doesn't do anything else.

        In a terminal, when I give the command it will start the script and again if
Im not logged in as a superuser will ask the password and then something similar
happens it just doesn't do anything else and leaves me back with the command line
without reporting any error.

I think I will try re-installing the package to see what happens,

Is there any way I can get more details about the problem?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Felipe.