Thanks.
Since I don't yet know what fstab is, and since the "sudo" suggestion
offered by Todd sounds like it is exactly what I was looking for,
I'm now wrestling my way through that process.  I do have a pretty
good book.  But I'm not one to read those things from cover-to-cover.
I tend to "discover" my way through them.  :-)
And with the occasional hint here-and-there, I tend to learn pretty
quickly.
At this point, the terminal window I'm trying visudo in is just about
worn out.  So I must be getting close.  :-)  I've gotten it to open the
sodoers, now I just need to get it to LET ME EDIT the darn thing.

Thanks to all for you help on this one.  mucho gracias.

ht

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{  BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE  }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

   ----SUBJECT ---->    Re: root, superusers, and mounting...
On 2/10/2003
I was just minding my own business when