> Search once = CTRL-S
> Search-next = CTRL-S again (repeat as needed).

Ah ! that's useful, and that works well. Thank you.

> Emacs actually doesn't use the X clipboard in the way you might think.
> Emacs has its own set of buffers, called the "kill ring."  The sequence of
> keystrokes that does what you want is:
>
> Write "Blah"
> Select "Blah"
> CTRL-W CTRL-Y (Cut and paste in place, i.e., copy))
> Write "This is a test"
> Select "test"
> CTRL-W CTRL-Y CTRL-Y (Cut "test", paste "test" (last cut), paste "Blah"
> instead (previous cut).
>
> You would also want to know about ALT-X Replace-String, which replaces
> all occurrences of one string with another to the end of the file and
> ALT-X Query-Replace-String, which replaces occurrences one at a time.
>
> Furthermore, ALT-X Replace-Regexp and ALT-X Query-Replace-Regexp replace
> patterns with patterns, which is an extremely powerful thing to be able to
> do.

Waow !? Am I the only one to find it VERY complicated ? I mean CTRL-W
CTRL-Y, then CTRL-W CTRL-Y CTRL-Y just to do a copy/paste... I think
it's simpler to actually write the text manually :)

> There's an O'Reilly book on emacs that might be a good start.

Well, as I said: Emacs is too complicated for me I think. Don't get it
wrong: I think it's a great tool because it has a lot of (hidden)
functions and can be customized etc... but, for me, needing to learn
tons of keybindings or needing to learn LISP just to use a code editor
is too much. I prefer focusing on learning the language of the code I'm
writing :)

Again, no offence to Emacs developers. Each user has his own needs and
Emacs might be the best tools for some of them. For me, jEdit is just
better than Emacs as I can use it without reading a book and remembering
everything.