Red Hat generally only bumps up the main version number due to binary
icompatibilities.  That being said, they could do this on a whim if they
like.  It is merely a ploy to get people to go use their "Advanced" line of
products if they want product stability.  A great way to aggrevate their
RHCE's too!  They will probably a) come out with an RHASCE (Red Hat
Advanced Server Certified Engineer) or b) they will have to fix their RHCE
program.  I certified on 7.2, and was told it would be good for the next 2
major versions, being 8 and 9.  I should be good 'till RH10.

James