On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 06:03:25AM -0500, Douglas Alan wrote:

> It could start by not zeroing partitions on disk drives uninvolved in
> the OS installation, since there is no reason for it to do that.

This is the part where I don't follow you.
If partitions have not been created, how is the kickstart program
supposed to know which drives are involved in the installation and
which ones are not?

> Other improvements might be for it to put up a splash screen at the very
> beginning of the process, detailing exactly what the installer is going
> to do, which disk drives it is going to muck with, and which partitions
> it is going to destory, and then ask the user to type "confirm" or
> somesuch.

This sounds a lot like the procedure you go through when you abstain
from telling kickstart to wipe out the partitions.

Emmanuel