On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Bored is me wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:21:00 -0700
> From: Bored is me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RTL8139 issue
>
> im using an RTL8139 SMC EZ CARD, and this site
> (http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=details&hid=4429)says it
> IS supported, but whenever i try to activate it, it says it can't.
> (sorry, im an uber-newbie to linux) all of my network stuff is set
> to localhost stuff, (it was standard) i dont know if i have to
> change anything, or what! please help me. should i just get another
> card?
I have RTL8139 card from Surecom which I could not get working at all
UNTIL I moved it to another PCI slot - it seems the card could not work in
the slot I put it initially into;
Since I have moved it to another PCI slot it work flawlessly.

I have ABIT motherboard (Intel 440BX based).

Could you possibly try to insert the card into some other PCI slot
and check whether this helps?

Best regards,

Wojtek