On 6/6/03 10:04 AM, "Dallam Wych" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spit this out
onto my computer screen:

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:28:41AM -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>> To be honest I'm tired of getting this type of email (with the .pif
>> attachment) period, but haven't a clue on how to stop it without setting
>> up fetchmail/procmail.
>
> So why not set up fetchmail/procmail (and perhaps mailfilter as
> well) and be done with it? As long as there is windows there is
> going to be this kind of stuff, better just to go ahead and filter
> it out :)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dallam

I am surprised more mail admin's don't just delete or reject them at the
server level before they hit the users mailbox. I never used to do it, and I
just set it up to block a bunch of win related files IE - .bat .exe .pif
.scr, etc. Notified the users, and they can zip them if they need to email
them.

Dustin