Skip Morrow wrote:

Once and for all, I'd like to have my sound card working *right*.  Ever
since I started with linux (several years ago), I have always had one
problem or another with sound.  Works with one window manager but not
another.  Works with this app but not that one.  Works for a while but
stops inexpicibly (sp??) whenever it feels like it.  Someone, anyone,
tell me what soundcard you are using, what software drivers you loaded
(esd, artsd, etc.), if any, what you have in /etc/modules.conf, and any
other immediately apparent tips.  From my experience, this in one of
those things that will keep linux off the desktop for most people,
unless we get it straight.

Skip

HHmm. Don't know about that Skip. I always use Creative cards (sort of like a de-facto standard) and have NEVER had a problem.

Only time I had sound problems is when I was dealing with the cheaper stuff.

Regards,
Ed.