Hi !

        Just now i finished with getting my SB Live working. Creative has drivers
that work for cards with the emu10k1 chip. I don't know if this chip is
used for the PCI 512 card or if there are special drivers out for that
card. Mine is
ftp://opensource.creative.com/pub/snapshots/emu10k1-20000119.tar.gz. I
tried a newer version, but for some reason it didn't work.
 First add to you conf.modules the following lines:
alias sound emu10k1
options emu10k1 joystick=0x200

 After unziptaring the file you change to the directory drv-2.2 and type
make depend
make clean
make
make install

After that the emu10k1.o file should be in /lib/modules/linux-2.x.y/misc.
Then run depmod -a, insmod soundcore, modprobe emu10k1. For me it works
like a charm.

        I got this information out of several readmes and a mail that came from
the linux-newbie list from someone from brazil. It should work if you still
have a kind of out of the box RH 6.1.

        Have fun

                        Greez

                                        Dave