I read the sound post today.  I'm having weird problems with my sound in
RH6.0 and have never had it right since I installed it.  My main bugbear is
I cannot play mp3 files without them sounding distorted (or system sounds in
gnome with enlightment).  Whats happening is that they play very, very
slowly making them sound odd.  My card is aztech galaxy nova 16 which I got
to work with the test sound as windows compatable sound card in sndconfig.
It managed to play an mp3 fine once -but the next time I went into linux it
was back to being odd again with no tinkering by me in the meanwhile!  Any
clues appreciated.  P.S.  I had a look at the ALSA site and will try
intalling this but it doesn't look like it supports my card.  NH.