> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:13:59AM -0400, Gerry Doris wrote:
>> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:29:24PM -0400, Gerry Doris wrote:
>> >
>> I wrote:
>> > I installed MailScanner and f-prot last night and have a quicky
>> > question.  I'm getting an hourly message in my messages file that
>> reads:
>> > root: Unknown fatal error calling "checksum", exiting, No such file or
>> > directory
>> >
>> > Any idea where this is coming from?
>> >
>> > MailScanner/f-prot does seem to be working, and running all the
>> regular
>> > cron jobs manually don't generate any unusual messages.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >         .../Ed
>>
>> Strange, it sounds like you may be having a problem with one of the cron
>> jobs.  Check in /etc/cron.hourly and see if you can run the any
>> MailScanner scripts especially update_virus_scripts.
>
> Here's the guilty party:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] MailScanner]# ./f-prot-autoupdate
> FTP address for retrieving files is ftp://eu-3.updates.f-prot.com/pub/
> Unknown fatal error calling "checksum", exiting, No such file or
> directory
>
>> You should also check /var/log/maillog to see if anything is appearing
>> there.
>
> This appears normal.
>
>> Other than that I suggest posting a message on the MailScanner list.
>
> I'll try this next.
>
> Thanks!
>         .../Ed

Don't use the f-prot-autoupdate.  It isn't necessary.  The
/etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scripts will update all virus scanners that
MailScanner is aware of.

You can check that it's working by running the script and then looking at
/var/log/maillog.  You should see an entry saying whether F-Prot needed an
update.  If you have other scanners loaded then each of them will have an
entry one after the other.

Gerry