> MailScanner installed /etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scripts
> This calls /usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners.  This in turn calls
> f-prot-autoupdate and that's where the problem is.
>
> I'm hearing from you that it's working without any issues.  I'm seeing
> from other people that they just use the f-prot autoupdate routine and
> not worry about the MailScanner updates.  Perhaps I'll give that a shot.
>
> --
> Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Member #1, Red Hat Community Ambassador Program

Ah, I see what's happened.  About 10 days ago F-Prot released a new
version of their scanner and made some changes to their update script.

An updated MailScanner script was released via their website and will be
included in their next rpm release (not out yet).  I'll send you the
updated MailScanner script directly.  Here's the message from the
MailScanner list archives...