Sounds like a registration issue.  Since as you say it is possible to
perform dns requests directly to the working server a la "dig @server request"
it seems like this third server has no NS record registered for your domain.

Suggest you have a look at www.dnsstuff.com (which, by the way,
is currently resolving to 69.2.200.183).  Their DNS Lookup tool will show
you exactly how your DNS requests are being handled and referred.  Or try this:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=domain.to.query.com

Look at the "Type" column in the table for the NS records; I bet your third,
working nameserver isn't listed there....

Pete

--
Pete Nuwayser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      Federal Trade Commission
Internet Lab Systems Administrator   Bureau of Consumer Protection