On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 06:28:47PM -0700, Clint Tinsley wrote:
> My original response was to one Fred Smith, who had had a skirmish
> with Win9x after changing out his system board, and I was simply
> submitting that he had a deeper problem and I was only trying to make
> the point that Linux will also cause you "to do battle" when you change
> system boards, especially as plug'n'play devices such as

That's me!

> video and sound get moved to the system board..  This listserve and
> another Linux user list that I subscribe to are littered with the
> remains and debris of those skirmishes...

I've only the one example (previously described), but in my case (the old
MB was an ASUS with a P90, the new one is a FIC VA503+ with a K6-II/350)
Linux came up with out a hitch. Loved the new board,  hasn't looked back.
Windoze, OTOH, has been an absolute PIG about it. YMMV.

Fred

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------------------------
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,