fred smith wrote:

> I've only the one example (previously described), but in my case (the old
> MB was an ASUS with a P90, the new one is a FIC VA503+ with a K6-II/350)
> Linux came up with out a hitch. Loved the new board,  hasn't looked back.
> Windoze, OTOH, has been an absolute PIG about it. YMMV.
>
> Fred

Your K6-350 may be your problem in that Windows95 OSR2 requires a patch from Microsoft
to even work on a K6-350 and the original Windows95 won't work at all.  If you really
want to run Windows9x, you could drop the processor speed slightly without much effect
or upgrade to Window98.

My son just upgraded to K6-500 and had to move up to Windows98.  He couldn't even get
the K6-500 in safe mode long enough to apply the patch.

Nice to not to have to look back.

Clint