I have a 486/66 that I want to use as a firewall for a cable-modem.  What I
really want is a 10MB ethernet card for the cable-modem and a 100MB card for
the LAN.

100 Mbit     .------------.  10 MBit  .-------------.
-------------|   486/66   |-----------| Cable-Modem |---- You folks
LAN           ------------  Straight   -------------
                             Cat-5

My questions are:

1. Is there such a thing as a 100MB ISA ethernet card (cheap)?

   If I used two 10MB cards, I would have to have an additional
   gateway box just to connect the 10MB and 100MB segments,
   wouldn't I?

2. I know know the 100 MB card will be limited by the
   throughput of the other 10MB card, but...

   Will the 486 choke my internet throughput below 10MB?
   Can it handle 10MB in + 10MB out on an ISA bus?

Thanks!