In answer to your questions:

1)  Yes (at least there used to be) and maybe.  However, you probably
won't be able to find one; they've gone obsolete a long time back.
Go ahead and plan for 10BT nics for both...  won't be a problem.
BTW, is your internal network hubbed or switched?  Switch will take
some of the lost bandwidth from having a heterogeneous speed mix back
out...

1a) Not at all, remember that unless you get a 100FX card, most cards
(and all of the modern inexpensive ones) are 10/100 autosensing... so
you can communicate 10->100 without a problem.  The 100 can talk with
the 10, too, you just use up more of your bandwidth at the lower speed.

2)  No, it will be limited by what the Cable-Modem can support.
2a) Almost definitely not, unless you're doing some really
weird stuff, and have a really heavily loaded system.
2b) Maybe.  Depends on if you can get full duplex working.  But
that shouldn't be a problem, anyway.  The Cable Modem doesn't
support full 10Mbs on the Internet side... it's something between
1.5-6Mbs is my understanding.   >IF< you get 6 (big if) AND you don't
have full duplex, then 10 Mbs will slightly throttle you down for
full bore two way traffic... you would only be using 5 Mbs of the
connection.  However, what on EARTH would you be doing at home
(*this is a home machine, right*) that would have a constant up
and down at 10Mbs?  That's not bad, in WAN terms.

HTH
Bill Ward