I have tried wvdailconf, setserial, minicom and
linuxconf in order to get my computer with RH 6.2 to
recognize my modem (/dev/ttyS0) but RH still does not
see the modem.

Any more suggestions?  Oh, I also, bought a new modem
which RH did see either. Both modems sit in an ISA
slot. I tried each modem seperately and I even moved
each modem to a different ISA slot.

Am I at the point where I need to get a new hd or
another computer or just give up and run that OTHER
os?

Jimmie