Who started the "computer age" or "information age" was _NOT_ Microsoft.
I have doubts about the DOJ pogrom against MS, but MS has been a master
of advertising and deceit, not innovation.  Back in the late 70's &
early
80's we were working on the DARPA net.  Wasn't a sign of MS products
around then - we used unix, mostly on Sun II, Sun III, and DEC PDP's and
VAX systems.

IBM was in the catbird seat back then, just as MS is and has been in
recent years.  The arrogance that bled into IBM's business practices
resulted in them falling off the throne, and others who got a bit self
important did also.  What became of DEC?  Control Data?

Microsoft was on the path to self destruction; I do hope this doesn't
just create two slightly reinvigorated domineering companies.

rickf

--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"To get something done a committee should consist of no more than
 three people, two of whom are absent."  Robert Copeland