On Jun 07, Robert Canary wrote:

> And MS did not develop the TCP/IP contrary to popular belief.  IBM did.

I don't think this is the case, but I could be mis-remembering.  I think it
was Vint Cerf and other academics that designed the protocol.  And I think
they were working under a government grant.

Anyone else remember history on this better than I?  I don't want to have to
dig out my old Internetworking textbooks...

-Michael

--
No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust it
all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one exactly