It was not so much that it was RTFM is was I looked at the man.  I just
don't ask a question because I am lazy.  I understand what named does but
I don't understand how the heck the -u got in there.  I looked at the man
page again and of course if you have looked at it.  It does not talk about
named in the startup.  No named is not working.  Again I am going to ask a
newbie question and that is what rpm let's me look to see what version I
am running because I did an rpm -q named and it says named is not
installed.  I am not trying to be a dificult I just don't understand and
the more that I read the more confussed I get.  This list has been VERY
helpful in the past with reading other people's problems and I have
learned a ton from those messages.

Scott Skrogstad
Computer Integration Inc,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]