well, actually I'd put this under the newbie category. You find an
executable called named, but no rpm by that name. mmhh. what now?..
cratch. scratch.

You look and see what rpm the named binary came from!

[cgalpin@pooh cgalpin]$ rpm -qf `which named`
bind-8.2.2_P5-9

oh, and in case you didn't know, the feature of searching with a
"/" mentioned by Gordon below is a feature of less, and can be used
while looking at any file too.

hth
charles