On 21-Dec-2000 Luke C Gavel opined:
> Hi,
>
> I have a CANON BJC-1000 connected to a Win98 machine and
> samba-1.9.18p10-3is running on a RH5.2 machine.  The RH5.2 client
> is using the BJC-600 filter, and everything seems to work fine
> except for one little problem.
>
> It only prints the first page of any print job sent to the Win98
> machine.  However, all local Win98 print jobs print in their
> entirety.  When I change the printtool option from "1 page" to
> something like "8 page", the first eight pages are shrunk onto
> the first page.  The print job always disappears from the Win98's
> print queue right after the first page is printed.
>
> I tried printing with the 'Send EOF after print job' option both
> on and off.  I tried altering some options in the Win98 printer
> properties like RAW to EMF, and etc.  Has anyone encountered this
> problem before and what have they done to fix it?

Had the same problem. Fixed it by moving it to the linux box and using
the UP (uniprint) version of the bjc-600 print driver. Not sure if this
driver version is available with printtool for 5.2. But, it's been in
ghostscript for a long time. I first experimented with it when I had 5.2
installed.

A good alternative: move the printr as stated above and install RH6.0 or
above. I know it's available in the default printtool drivers supplied
with 6.0 and 6.2.

--
Make yourself at home. Clean my kitchen.