I have narrowed the problem to the computer I am using RH7 on.  I tried
but with the drive installed in another similar computer.  Well, 7 worked
fine so I moved the hard drive back to the original computer and had all the
same problems with a  diffuse variety of errors and not being to start X.
Windows 98 works fine on this computer but RH 7 won't, however, RH6 works
fine.  I know the problem is not the hard drive, it could be memory, but
I've tried it in the other computer and it worked ok (the reverse did not
work and I don't know why) or  the AMD K6-2 350 or maybe the mother board.
I've updated the bios so that's not it.  I'm really stumped and need some
direction as what to do!  Hope someone out there has some ideas.
Michael