>>>>> "k" == kompukit  <Admin> writes:

k> this is odd...
k> I shutdown completely....then restarted the machine...
k> when i seen the screen with the redhat blue screen giving the selections
k> for booting
k> it gave the following two selections:

k> linux
k> dos

k> so I chose "dos"  when I did this...
k> it changed to a black screen and at the top said

k> "loading dos"   ...but thats all that happened...it seemed to just
k> freeze
k> so i shutdown again.
k> why is this...if i edited fstab ...then lilo.conf?
k> I don't understand

Ok, how about showing us the complete file /etc/lilo.conf , you must
have stanza for dos and the new one I suggested.
Also tell me partitions or drive that has the MBR of win98 installed.

k> Ray Curtis wrote:

> [...]
k> ok...didn't get any error messages...when i did the rerun of lilo...but
k> I don't see any
k> changes in booting selections...when I rebooted, all i see...is text
k> messages displayed while it boots.
k> perhaps i should shutdown  completely, instead of just rebooting.

>> Not sure if I fully understand what you are asking here.
>> When you ran " lilo -v -v " it did show the stanza for win98 ?
>> If it did and didn't show any errors, when you reboot when it
>> gets to the prompt to choose, hit the tab key to show what you
>> have to select and it should show, linux and win98.
>> Instead of choosing linux this time choose win98, that is assuming
>> you entered the same info as shown below.

k> as soon as i can get this setup to allow me the "option" to select win98
k> to boot...i can move onto getting my modem working...and can then
k> send you the messages...and/or errors....ok

k> Ray Curtis wrote:

> [...]
k> ok...I figure out that much...and before I read this email...I did
k> what you suggested already...then I edited fstab to reflect this
k> change...
k> and now...I can access it...fine,
k> thanks...
k> but, now what i need to do...is be able to setup lilo
k> so that upon boot...I can select between redhat and win 98 to then
k> boot...
k> as i was able to do in mandrake...how do I do this?

k> also having trouble with setting up my printer....and  external modem...
k> but thats for later...
k> thanks so much for helping me get this far...

k> "Ashley M. Kirchner" wrote:

>and do whatever you need to do.

>> --
>> Ray Curtis         Curtis Consulting         http://www.ccux.com