> From: ABrady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:13:41 -0800
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> implied:
>
> > what is the odds of aohell buying out RH?
>
> Presuming everybody has a price, and presuming AHoleL sees a strong
> possibility of immediate absorbtion of a number of established users,
> I'd say pretty good chances.
>
> It depends on the price RH is willing to accept, and the price AHoleL is
> willing to pay.

I'm not certain what you mean by "absorbtion of a number of
established users" - I really doubt you'd see many Linux users switch
to using AOL as their ISP just because AOL bought Red Hat. Or did you
mean something else? Of course, both of you (and myself) already
support them since we're using Time Warner's Road Runner service.

I haven't looked at the market capititalization of Red Hat or AOL-TW's
cash on hand, but it wouldn't surprise me if they could pay cash for
Red Hat at this point in time if they wanted.

The real issue is, _if_ they do buy it: how/will Red Hat change? I'm
willing to wait and see rather than saying now that I need to find a
new distribution.

Dave