It looks to me as if it is actually getting at least some of the mail, but
that it is not being distributed locally.  Can you email to yourself locally,
i.e., to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or whatever it is)?  or from another user
on the same machine?  My bet is you can't.  Once you get that right, I think
fetchmail will work properly.

Is sendmail running: 'ps aux | grep sendmail' ? or 'postfix'? or 'qmail'?

You need one of them running.

- Martin -