At 5/16/2002 10:50 AM -0500, you wrote:
>Just wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with installing a Dual-boot
>Red Hat 7.3/Win2K Pro machine. Main thing I'm concerened with is having the
>ability to Ghost the machine since there's 2 different partition styles.

Don't know about Ghost; you'll have to find out specifically whether Ghost
supports ext2 or ext3 filesystems.

>I'm also assuming that this would allow me to run WINE.

Yes if you install it into RH. But note, WINE does not require, use, or
even notice a Windows installation AFAIK... it's an independent thing.

>Win2K will be installed first and completely setup before Red Hat. Does
>the Red
>Hat installation have the ability to setup a Dual boot menu or will I still
>need to go out and get something like Boot Magic?

Use GRUB as your bootloader; it can and will load your RH and W2K systems
properly (mine does). When the time comes to select the bootloader, select
GRUB, put it into the MBR, and select both partitions to be bootable.

YOU MUST ALWAYS make a boot disk when doing this; I've had trouble a couple
of times, and while you're in no real danger it is a PAIN to spend an hour
or two figuring out how to boot your machine again. Make the darn boot
disk, then you can throw it away once you've successfully booted into both
OS's several times after a few days.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz