Jim,

If you only have one partition on your HDD and it is being used by W2k it
will make a difference whether that partition is fat32 or ntfs.  Although
you can install RH on a fat32 partition it is not recommended.  TTBOMK you
cannot install RH on an ntfs partition.

I think the best way to handle this is to create the partitions yourself and
then tell the RH installer to use the unused partition(s).  You probably
know that you can use partition magic to restructure your HDD.  I feel a bit
unsafe with partition magic and prefer to restructure myself with fdisk and
Ghost:

1.  Make Ghost image on 2nd HDD or network drive.
2.  Use fdisk to restructure 1st HDD
3.  Restore Ghost image to new partition on 1st HDD.
4.  Install RH

Bill