On 7/28/02 10:12 PM, "Michael Scottaline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ====================================
> If you mean something quite large, w/calendering, etc., you can give
> evolution 1.0.8 a look.  Takes a little while to load up, but I believe
> ithandles all of the things Entourage does.  [I personally prefer
> separateapps, so I don't use evolution.  I use Sylpheed for my e-mail and
> gnomecalender for keeping my calender.]
> ====================================

Actually, I don't really care about the Calendar and other features in
Entourage other than email.

But Entourage does email really well. It can display HTML email and compose
in HTML email or turn it off, as you prefer.

If you have multiple aliases in one mailbox (account), when you reply it
automatically replies from the address to which email was received. This is
an important point for me, because I have several aliases and you would be
surprised at the number of email clients that overlook this feature.

It works well in Japanese too, which is also important to me.

And I like the way it keeps track of reply histories, finding originals to
replies, etc.

doug