I have had similar problems your solution is in linux in a nutshell. It
is something to do with copying nt boot onto you r boot loader. This is
if win2k is ntfs. Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of script this
Sent: 28 July 2002 16:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: please..anyone dual boot linux w2k frustrations

scenario:

running redhat linux 7.2 for over a year on
preinstalled hd.  purchased second drive with w2k
preinstalled.  hooked up second drive as secondary ide
drive (hdb), kept primary drive with linux as hda.

problem:

w2k will not boot at all.

all things i've tried:

1.  lilo.conf:

prompt
timeout=80
default=linux
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
linear
verbose=2

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.7-10.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda2
        append="hdd=ide-scsi"

other=/dev/hdb1
        label=win

result:  Loading win
but nothing happens

2.  lilo.conf changes:

added 5 lines (indicated by > ) to other:

other=/dev/hdb1
> optional
label=win
> map-drive = 0x80
> to = 0x81
> map-drive = 0x81
> to = 0x80

result:  NTLDR not found

3.  lilo.conf changes

replaced
map-drive = 0x80
to 0x81
map-drive = 0x81
to 0x80

with
loader=/boot/os2_d.b

result:  disk read error

4.  lilo.conf change

replaced:

linear with lba32

result:  same as #3 (disk read error)

5.  made the windows drive the ONLY (primary) drive on
the cable

result????

after finding boot record, the following is printed to
screen:

LI

and it hangs there forever....

I've tried changing jumper settings - the hard drive
is 100g (my bios won't recognize the entire hard
drive, so I have to use alternate jumpber
settings...)....but no setting seem to work.

Does ANYONE know what this LI means?

Please, any help would be tremendously appreciated....

Thanks in advance