On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:19:36 +0900
Doug Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled intuitively:

>On 7/28/02 10:12 PM, "Michael Scottaline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ====================================
>> If you mean something quite large, w/calendering, etc., you can give
>> evolution 1.0.8 a look.  Takes a little while to load up, but I believe
>> ithandles all of the things Entourage does.  [I personally prefer
>> separateapps, so I don't use evolution.  I use Sylpheed for my e-mail
>and> gnomecalender for keeping my calender.]
>> ====================================
>
>Actually, I don't really care about the Calendar and other features in
>Entourage other than email.
>
>But Entourage does email really well. It can display HTML email and
>compose in HTML email or turn it off, as you prefer.
=======================================
Sylpheed will NOT compose in html, but can handle viewing somewhat.  It
is small and *extremely* fast.
==============================

>If you have multiple aliases in one mailbox (account), when you reply it
>automatically replies from the address to which email was received. This
>is an important point for me, because I have several aliases and you
>would be surprised at the number of email clients that overlook this
>feature.
==============================
Sylpheed handles the "reply" function in exactly this manner :)

>It works well in Japanese too, which is also important to me.
The author of Sylpheed is Japanese :o)

go to sylpheed.good-day.net and give it a try.  You might like it!!

Mike
--
BluePoint Brewery, LI
--Run a river through your liver!!