Van: "Bret Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> As an added data point, I just completed an upgrade to 7.3 on my home
> firewall box a IBM P90 with 32mb.  Text mode install went fine.  I can't
> imagine running ANYTHING less than 16MB and not sure how you would get
> it installed other than one of the micro distros.
Well, I'm using RH 5.2 on a i486 with 12MB laptop, in X with virtual screen
resolution of
800x600, and there are NO performance problems, it all runs relatively quickly.

I choose for a 64MB swap drive, and I'm using a 2,1 GB HD.

But I can't even get the APM module worked (for spuspend mode and battery
check) because lack of kernel support.

> Of course this is a firewall only with sshd about the only service other
> than ipchains, soon to be iptables and will probably do the ipsec deal
> again that I had running under 6.2 on the same box.
Thanks, that's usefull info, I wan't to use these tools, and can't get them
installed on 5.2

/Bastiaan