On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:53, Hans Reiser wrote:
> _nasturtium wrote:
> >Besides, how can Reiser charge for support on something that other
> > developers contributed to???!!!!
>
> Because almost all the developers financially depend on me.
>
> I can't hire several of the new developers I want because I can't pay
> them even half of what they get working elsewhere.
>
> Hans

I was reading the FAQ on www.namesys.com and it seems Reiser4 is sponsored
(but not endorsed by...) by DARPA (Defence Advanced Research Projects
Agency?). That seems like a good source of funds compared to your support
business - your Support page only claims one request/payment every few days.

Does the name of Jeremy Fitzhardinge come to mind? While I recognise that
most developers are paid, the aforementioned happens to be "Volunteer. Author
of hashing code. (teahash.c)". Surely the open source model would allow more
contributors.

Regards,
        _nasturtium