Vance Koven wrote:

Many more people than those who are on death row (of whom there are
virtually none any more) suffered treatment that we might reprehend or say
was or was tantamount to child abuse, yet did not become killers, rapists,
etc. There is obviously something *else* involved in the equation that
either has not been adequately studied or that Marci is omitting from her
argument.

Conceded, Vance. (I considered responding "yeah, yeah, yeah" but thought
better of it.) But what if we change the topic from the causes of violent
crime to the ways to stop it?
Judy Baer