From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:32 PM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu; b...@jmcenter.org
Subject: Re: Religious exemptions in ND

Other than Conn and Alabama, I'm not aware of another state that eliminated
"substantial" from the formulation.
Are there others?

I don't know that all bets would need to be off in any case, since other
state

RFRAs have long used "burden" rather than "substantial burden," e.g.

Connecticut's.

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law