Eugene, it's interesting to me that you don't find religious discrimination in
particularly in #1 (pharmacist/Plan B) and #2 (Muslim taxi cab driver/passenger
with alcohol). I understand your view and obviously it is the prevailing view.

If I may say, tho, both the pharmacist's and the taxi cab driver's (religious)
worldviews prohibit them from dispensing Plan B and transporting a passenger
with alcohol, respectively. Thus, there discriminatory acts are religious based.
On the other side, the customer and passenger's worldviews permit purchasing
Plan B and possession of alcohol, respectively. My analysis is, I admit, not the
traditional legal analysis such as yours and so I offer it as an alternative
legal theory.

The balance of interests in the photographer/LGBT case probably favors the
photographer because he/she is performing a personal service where a positive
relationship between the photographer and the wedding party is necessary for
optimal results. However, I should point out (rather assume) that the
photographer advertised to the public as a wedding photographer. Refusing to
take pictures of an LGBT ceremony may run afoul of some local nondiscrimination
ordinances.

I didn't include in my list a situation within the past year where an
atheist/humanist organization sought to run a video ad in a movie theater and
was turned down altho the theater ran a church's ad. I have also been told of a
number of situations where land owners and/or media companies refused to put up
atheist/humanist billboard ads. I'm aware that there isn't much that can be done
to remedy these invidious acts of discrimination -- and so only offer them as
evidence of the "war" going on in America in the name of religion.

Bob Ritter