Brad writes:

"[T]he fact that people have wrongly tried [to] make religious freedom
claims doesn't mean we disregard all religious freedom claims.  We ought to
be able to distinguish between the two."

Although Brad thinks the law "ought" to be able to distinguish between
"wrong" and "correct" religious freedom claims, we can all agree that this
view is flatly inconsistent with Supreme Court precedent, correct?

"[I]t is not for us to say that their religious beliefs are mistaken or
insubstantial. Instead, our 'narrow function . . . in this context is to
determine' whether the line drawn reflects 'an honest conviction.'

"Repeatedly and in many different contexts, we have warned that courts must
not presume to determine . . . the plausibility of a religious claim."

"[R]eligious beliefs need not be acceptable, logical, consistent, or
comprehensible to others in order to merit First Amendment protection"

- Jim