From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Finkelman, Paul
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:59 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: The racist prostitute hypothetical

Brad:

Tell me why is the wedding cake which I pick up at your bakery and take to
my wedding any different than the rental tux I pick up, the flowers I bring
to the wedding, or the limo I rent.  Or, if I buy the car for the wedding
party, how is the cake any different than the car I bought at the dealer.

Can the liquor store refuse to sell me wine for the wedding reception?  Or
for the ceremony itself?  If the parties take communion before the ceremony,
can the liquor store owner refused to sell wine?

Paul Finkelman

Senior Fellow

Penn Program on Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism

University of Pennsylvania

and

Scholar-in-Residence

National Constitution Center